This glowing skin smoothie is easy to make, quick, and affordable.
Give it a try and let me know how it goes!
If I had known how much gut health impacted skin health when I was a teen, I may have been a little more caring in how I treated my body. I’ll share a few quick tips below but will do a more detailed post on healing from chronic acne later this week.
In the meantime, you can also check out a recent post on acne here: Natural Hormonal Acne Remedies You Can Find At Home For Clear Skin or my Tiktok videos on it here.
Quick tips to restoring your skin biome:
- Eat lots of nourishing foods. I start each day with a nutrient-dense smoothie. 🥬🥒🌶
- Added omega-3’s to my diet. Oily fish, avocados, chia seeds, etc.🥑
- Staying hydrated. I add limes and lemon to my water to keep me drinking. This helps your skin stay hydrated & be able to heal.🧊💦
- Making sure my liver was detoxifying properly!💥
- Limiting stress as much as possible. 😌
Ingredients Needed to Make the Glowing Skin Smoothie
- chard 🥬
- zucchini 🥒
- flax seeds
- water (coconut milk optional)
- collagen peptides
The fun thing about this recipe, is you can easily add or take away items if you don’t have them. For instance, last week I didn’t have chard or mango, so I added a few slices of apple and extra spinach instead. Get creative! The point is simply to start your day off with a very nutrient-dense smoothie.
If you are interested in learning more about healing hormonal acne naturally, check out my latest e-book “Learning to Love Your Cycle By Getting to Know Your Cycle” here.
Glowing Skin Smoothie
easy, quick, and great for your skin (and entire body!)
- 3-4 chard leaves
- 3-4 cups spinach
- 1/2 zucchini
- 5 sprigs parsley
- handful watercress
- 1 whole lemon
- 2 whole kiwis
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup frozen mango
- 3 tbsp flax seed
- 3 tbsp collagen peptides
- 3-4 cups water (can also use coocnut milk)
- handful ice
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 45 seconds, or until consistent.
This makes around 4 glasses, you can store it in the fridge for 5-7 days.
I hope you enjoy this post on the Glowing Skin Smoothie! I will be doing a more in-depth post on acne next week, so stay tuned.
P.S. If you’re interested in learning more about hormone health, check out a few of my other articles on hormone health here: